I've been tagged by WaitingontheLord at “One Day I'll Mount Up with Wings Like Eagles”
this will show you just how ugly my bedroom is, which we reluctantly keep the computer in… sigh
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
“Normally we talk of the growth or decline of our churches, or of the latest political or denominational controversies. Rarely do we do what Paul desired to do with the Romans: “I long to see you so that… you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.”
from “The Collapse of the Brass Heaven” by Zeb Bradford Long and Douglas McMurray (rebuilding our worldview / cultural view to embrace the power of God)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?
My vacuum cleaner. Its true. It is stored in our bedroom in plain sight. I told you it wasn't pretty!!
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
bits and pieces of Crossing Jordon and Grey's Anatomy last night… first time the TV has been on besides Bryan's soccer games in over a week! You know, I don't miss it! wow
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
I don't want to know… ok… 2:00 pm
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Lawnmowers from the maintenance people, The Magic School Bus on TV, and a small engine plane over head.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
This morning to run to the bank to get quarters. With the new washer and dryers and the increase per load, the roll didn't last as long as I thought it would!
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Choosing Home and checked my email.
9. What are you wearing?
Jeans, my favorite long sleeve t-shirt (its cold and rainy) and bare feet… but they are COLD!
10. Did you dream last night?
no time, with both kids being up a number of times
11. When did you last laugh?
putting Thaddeus to bed… as long as I don't get in a hurry and impatient with him, he will always make me laugh!! – today he was performing a trick for me 🙂 “Am I tritchy (tricky) mom? yeah, I am tritchy betoz I do dis and fly on the bed like a lion.” – preceded and followed by a rather lengthy paragraph of … ??? I am not even sure. Wow, he is a talker!!!
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
ICK, I told you it'd be sad. Actually, what is up there is fine, but the color and organization of it is … sad. a Papua New Guinea mask, a calendar, a jarrah wood back scratcher from Australia, 2 party lite hanging candle thingys, my mom's beautiful cross stitch she made for our wedding with our names and dates.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
I work out at the gym and go to “sweatshop” – a VERY HIGH cardio workout… led by a BIG african american, baggy pants and baggy t-shirt with headband dude… That isn't the weird part… that is fine. The weird thing is watching all these white, non-rhythm (including me) inclined people trying to do the routine… its just comical and keeps you humble!!
14. What do you think of this quiz?
15. What is the last film or video you saw?
Pride and Prejudice. the new one. It belongs to my neighbors daughter we are takign care of… so next week when she is back at our house we are going to rent the 6 hour BBS one!!
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
hobby farm in West Australia with an extra house for my parents to live in… a few more investment properties to live off of… I don't know… its so far fetched, why dream?
17. Tell me something about you that I do not know.
I have hobbit feet. and skin cancer. and they have nothing to do with each other LOL
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
world peace… just kidding. well not really, but you know. our worldview (see first question…)
19. Do you like to dance?
yes… but not publicly HA HA!!! I did plenty of public dancing in college… a shame because hubby laughs at me now! LOL – I must have really been embarrassing myself!!
20. Comment to George Bush:
We pray for you… for wisdom… and integrity
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Hewett Scanlan (we did, he is in heaven… Keenan's twin)
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I am abroad!! and I would go more abroad… isn't everywhere abroad?? I was born in Australia, grew up in Papua New Guinea, Went to college in Arizona, live in Alaska, and I would love to live anywhere else.
24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate?