- the ZOO – that is always fun, right? The wolves chased our pack of (10) kids (with two moms!) back and forth, up and down the path. They were PLAYING with our kids, how cool is that? And the polar bear was very active, playing in the water, and the kids thought that was spectacular. They never tire of it, you know?
- We finished our read aloud “Socks” by Beverley McCleary… and I just couldn’t resist picking up “A Wrinkle in Time” at the library, although there are multitudes of books at home waiting to be read. Keenan is loving it… almost as much as me.
- I’m starting a new Math curriculum… just you average, normal, public school textbook type thing… complete with a teacher’s edition (2 volumes!) that I picked up free. I am followign the lessons plans it includes and everything… he needs my undivided attention right now for Math. SO as much as I don’t really want to. Ideally I’d love this to be what he does on his own, but he is such a social learner, and math is not his forte. I think this is going to work! And once a week is math game day.
- We made bat magnets and a bat notebook page, a construction paper prairie / grasslands / an alligator, complete with hexagon shaped scales… did you know hexagon patterns are consistent through out nature? (ex. pineapples) AND
- I learned Giraffes had blue tongues. (Keenan already knew that ?!?)